Whiskey is deservedly considered one of the courageous drinks, it has a long and glorious history, which will not be boring to listen to in the company of friends, slowly sipping it from a glass. Our site offers an extensive collection of whisky online, which will please connoisseurs of this drink, and those just starting to get acquainted with it. We present exclusively licensed products from leading brands that have already earned recognition in the global market, and now you can fully appreciate their products.
Buying whiskey is not an easy task, especially when you have not yet decided on your favourite producer or region, so we will try to understand the complex and confusing world of whiskey.
How was whiskey created?
The history of the creation of whiskey is very ambiguous: for several centuries, the Irish and Scots have appropriated the idea of creating whiskey to themselves and categorically refuse to give in to their rival. Therefore, it would be correct to talk in each story separately because the whiskey of both Ireland and Scotland is very different in taste and manufacturing technology, but they play a major role in deciding the question “how to buy whisky online in UK correctly?”
So, the Scots claim that their teachers in the production of whiskey were missionaries who received valuable information from the crusaders who fought in the East about the basics of distillation. It was decided to replace the grapes in the original version with barley, fumigated with peat, add water, which was enough in Scotland, and “season” with marine notes. And already, at the end of the fifteenth century, the name was approved, which, as a result of metamorphosis, was transformed into the modern whiskey.
Their opponents, the Irish, claim that the creation of whiskey is the work of none other than St. Patrick himself! It was the creation of the divine drink that Patrick, first of all, took up, setting foot on Irish land, followed by the conversion of pagans to Christianity and the expulsion of snakes. What the Irish have certainly excelled at is selling whiskey to other countries. While the Scots were enjoying their creation alone, the Irish obtained a patent and were in full swing selling whiskey worldwide through English intermediaries.
How to buy whiskey that’s right for you?
So, let’s divide all whiskey into two categories: malt and blended.
Single Malt Whiskey is a single-distillery barley malt drink that belongs to the highest rank of whiskey. You cannot buy whisky online cheap, but the money spent is worth it.
Whiskey Blend – the second category of whiskey, implying mixing or otherwise blending grain and malt spirits in different proportions, in various quantities and from different distilleries, as it happens – is known only to the master – the blender. This whiskey is cheaper to buy than its opponent, but sometimes the richness of the blend’s aromas can outshine even a single malt competitor.
Which country is better to buy whiskey?
The Scots, after preliminary preparation, dry the barley with peat smoke, which in each region has its own characteristics and, as a result, lays the character of the resulting whiskey. From this malt, in the course of long manipulations, a fermenting mixture is obtained. Later, it is driven twice or three times through the cubes (whoever considers it necessary), receiving pure strong alcohol at the output, placed in wood barrels, where it is kept for at least three years. Then it is filtered, brought to the required condition and poured into containers for further sale. In short, if you want to know more about products before buying whiskey, you will be helped by our online alcohol store. You can buy Scotch Whisky with online delivery in the UK in our store.
The Irish are less scrupulous about the production of whiskey: they write off the delights of their drink on pure Irish water, in which they soak and germinate the grain during the wort creation process when the grain is sufficiently grown, it is ground, brought to the desired consistency and left to ferment. Double or triple distillation (as you like), placing in barrels no more than 700 liters for at least three years – and you have real Irish whiskey in your hands. But not everything is so simple because it is not for nothing that Irish whiskey has so many admirers: if it were empty and uninteresting, they would not drink it.
Do not forget about American and Canadian whiskey, the abundance and popularity of which is simply off the scale. Canadians prefer rye and wheat when preparing their drink, in the United States, it is corn, the percentage of which must be more than half the base to order to bear the title of bourbon. To be called bourbon, the drink must also be produced exclusively in the United States, have a strength of at least 40% and be aged in new, pre-burnt oak. Also, the Americans missed the moment of malting, and the exposure was reduced to a minimum of three months. Bourbon is diverse and beautiful, you just need to be able to figure it out.
There is a separate category of seemingly unusual corners of the Earth: Indian, Japanese, Taiwanese, French whiskey – for every taste and aroma! But they all tend to use Scottish or Irish production methods, adding only their minor adjustments.
Classification by criteria
The flavour profile is directly related to the malting process. Here, the amount of water, filtration, container characteristics, the shape of the distillation product, air temperature and holding time play an important role. The naturalness of the barrel material has positive and negative sides. During the ageing process, a wooden barrel is impregnated with the characteristic aroma of the product, but this is often used in the classic technology of whiskey preparation. After a certain period, the product is moved from one barrel to another, thereby achieving a harmonious mixing of odours. This also affects the taste characteristics of the product.
Scotch whiskey is considered a classic, the name of which comes from the pioneering country. It has average strength, sweetness and the correct aftertaste. Irish whiskey is also popular. It is distributed all over the world. It is important to understand that they differ in production technology. While in Scotland, it is customary to dry malt on peat for a smoky aftertaste, they use peat-free oven drying. In Ireland, the drink gets its maximum softness in this way.
Features of the production and use of whiskey
The drink is characterised by an ageing period of three years, after which the product is called the word whiskey. The minimum term should only apply to the grain base, while this is not enough for malt. For its ripening, in captivity, it is kept up to twenty years. Exclusive varieties are distinguished by the longest period, from twenty years. Rare specimens have been kept for half a century.
Whiskey is accepted as an aperitif and digestif, depending on the country’s traditions of the country and the type of drink. It is recommended to fill the nosing glass with alcohol, the aroma of the drink is most expressed in it. The tapered top helps concentrate liquid vapours in the right direction.
We have selected an assortment based on our own many years of experience, recommendations of our partners, and authoritative international publications for our clients. Our online whisky shop offers you brands that have stood the test of time by experts and consumers all over the world. These are drinks for a romantic dinner, and a festive feast, and a noisy picnic, and a gift to a dear friend, and the creation of an exclusive collection.READ MORE
Humanity has long used alcohol as one of the most effective means to relax, relieve stress, and distract from pressing problems. The exquisite taste of alcoholic beverages, the fast effect they have, and a reasonably affordable cost determine their popularity. Our store offers its customers fine wines, spicy liqueurs and vermouths, original rum and whiskey, selling alcohol online. Fine spirits are always available – products of the world’s leading manufacturers.
Interesting facts about alcoholic drinks
Alcoholic beverages have been known to mankind since antiquity. And they, of course, change like everything in our life. Probably, every new event or accomplishment is accompanied by exciting facts or curious cases. Among the significant number of fun facts about alcohol, let’s dwell on some of them.
- Many people believe that alcohol increases body temperature. In fact, it lowers it.
- Most vegetables and all fruits contain some alcohol.
- Winston Churchill is known as an alcohol enthusiast, but Adolf Hitler, on the contrary, was an ardent teetotaler.
- Abraham Lincoln had a liquor manufacturing licence and owned several taverns.
- One of the oldest recipes found describes the process of making a drink like beer.
- The soil in one of the graperies in France is estimated so valuable that workers are obliged to clean their shoes before leaving, not to take away expensive grains of sand.
- There are about 49 million bubbles in a bottle of champagne.
- Alcohol often does not contain fat and cholesterol, but it has a very high-calorie content.
- In some states of the United States, alcohol is a medicine.
- All 13 trace minerals that are necessary to sustain human life can be found in alcoholic beverages.
- Initially, cognac and whiskey are transparent and acquire their golden brown colour while vatting in wooden barrels, in other words, during ageing.
- Many argue that real tequila must have a caterpillar. In fact, it was a publicity stunt for an American tequila company.
- If the bar is well equipped, about 17 864 392 78 cocktails can be prepared from the drinks available.
- To produce the best varieties of port, grape juice squeezed out by trampling with bare feet in a barrel of grapes.
- Most wines deteriorate with age. Therefore, the statement that the best wine is old wine is not entirely true.
- The phrase “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” is supposed the shortest English expression containing all the alphabet letters. Alcohol lovers have a different opinion on this matter – “Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs”.
How to buy quality alcohol in the UK
Buying alcohol online UK beverages can be a real dilemma. The choice depends on several factors: features of the event, gastronomic compatibility, taste preferences, cost of goods, etc. For example, you can purchase everyone’s favourite wine you have tasted before for a family dinner. But when choosing alcohol for a meeting with partners in an informal setting, you can no longer rely only on your own preferences. How to choose the right one among the abundance of types of spirits, and what criteria must be followed?
The assortment of our site includes a wide variety of alcohol. You can purchase:
- wine: red, white, rose, sparkling;
- spirits: vodka, gin, whiskey, brandy, etc .;
- liqueurs and vermouths.
The choice can be made by a type of drink or by brand. For the convenience of buyers, the most popular brands are presented on the main page of the section.
Alcohol names: what do they mean?
When you decide to buy alcohol online UK, then for sure, the first question arises: what, in fact, to choose? The catalogue is replete with various names, the meaning of which the distant buyer does not even know. An alcoholic beverage can belong to one of the following categories:
- absinthe – produced based on 70% alcohol, the main component is bitter wormwood;
- aperitif – served before meals to increase appetite and suppress food perception receptors, it can be vermouth, sherry and other options; brandy – the general name of products, whose strength is from 37%, suitable for consumption after meals;
- wine – you can order alcohol online for a romantic dinner, daily use, the strength is on average 16%;
- whiskey – made on the basis of different types of grains and using different technologies;
- vodka- strong spirits produced on the basis of alcohol, therefore it has a characteristic smell and taste;
- gin – the strength is from 37.5%, it has a dry taste, so it is best to buy such alcohol in the UK for use in cocktails;
- calvados – brandy made of pear or apple, the strength is often about 40%;
- cachaca – in many countries, it is considered a Brazilian rum, produced based on sugar cane;
- cognac is a type of brandy. Only particular grape varieties are used for production;
- liqueur – such alcoholic beverages are distinguished by sweetness and aroma, the alcohol content starts from 15%, they are used to create many cocktails;
- rum – obtained by fermentation and distillation of molasses and cane syrup;
- sake – a traditional Japanese drink, with a spicy, bitter aftertaste, unlike any other alcohol;
- tequila – a strong alcoholic beverage based on blue agave, often used in the preparation of various cocktails;
- champagne and sparkling wines – made by secondary fermentation of wine, it is often chosen for a feast;
- schnapps is a general category of spirits, with an alcohol content of 40%.
As you can see, it will definitely not be difficult to buy cheap alcohol online. The main thing is to understand what they are for, your taste preferences, and the body’s individual characteristics.
Exquisite wine is ideal for a romantic dinner. A champagne bottle must be present on the festive table. Men’s gatherings are mainly accompanied by drinking cognac, whiskey, or other spirits. If you need alcohol, it is not difficult to buy it in the UK; the main thing is to be sure of the seller’s reliability. We have only original products in our assortment, the quality of which is confirmed by the manufacturers. The reasonable prices that the store offers to consumers became possible thanks to well-thought-out logistic schemes and direct cooperation with leading brands. If there is a need for additional information, our experts are ready to help with selecting alcoholic beverages. We have online alcohol delivery, regardless of the day of the week: you can choose a convenient payment method and the right time.
The influence of alcohol on the body cannot be underestimated. In small doses, it promotes vasodilation, improves blood circulation, reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood, warms, slows down the ageing process. But with an increase in the dose, the benefits melt and gradually turn into harm because ethyl alcohol is a relatively strong poison, and when certain values are reached (5 g per 1 kg of weight), the intoxication of the body takes on life-threatening dimensions.
Consume alcohol moderately, and it will remain one of the pleasant aspects of life for you.READ MORE